The Barangay Don Basilio was formerly a sitio of Barangay Buenlag. It was also a sitio “Caniugan” in the year 1956 when it officially became one of the barangays of the Municipality of Gerona, Tarlac. This place was traversed by a wide and deep river. Coming from the south to the north.
The barangay Don Basilio is located three(3) kilometers to the western part of the Municipality of Gerona, Tarlac. Ilocano was the first inhabitants of this place. It is bounded on the east by Barangay Apsayan, (500 meters) on the south Brgy. Danzo(1 km) on the west Brgy. Dicolor (1 km.) on the North Brgy. Dapdap Paniqui (1.5km.)